Hey there! We are Job Duck, a virtual company actively recruiting remote team members. Our mission is to help incredible people build an amazing career working from home for businesses based in the United States. These businesses are mostly law firms.
Our career opportunities are for those living in Argentina, Colombia, El Salvador, Honduras, and Mexico. We only offer full-time positions. Every team member works 40 hours per week and gets one hour for lunch and two 15-minute breaks and two days off. The U.S.-based employers they are matched to work with, are distributed all over the country and located in different time zones (MST, PST, CDT, EDT,…) To know the schedule you’ll be working on, you first need to be matched.
We always try to be very clear in our instructions and on how to apply for our available career growth opportunities. However, we always get comments, emails, and direct messages asking the same questions. That’s why we decided to share “Job Duck’s Top 3 Secrets” to help you do well in our hiring process and, hopefully, get you hired.
Having trouble submitting your application? Here’s the secret:
When applying from a computer and can’t seem to submit your application, you must know that sometimes the cookies in your computer might interfere with the submission process, so you can try applying from Chrome’s incognito mode window.
If the problem is the files you have to upload, try compressing them. There are tons of websites where you can compress images instantly and for free.
You’ve applied and never heard back from us? Here’s the secret:
We always get back to candidates through email after they submit their application. If you didn’t receive an email it is probably because:
- It is in the spam folder. Most of the time our emails land in the spam folder, so please check it out.
- You applied with the wrong email address and we are not able to reach you. For example, your email is [email protected] and you applied with [email protected] Before submitting your application, make sure you spelled everything (not only your email) correctly.
- You have applied in the past with the same email address. If you want to reapply, you need to do it with a different email address. Otherwise, we don’t get a notification of a new application. Instead, your old application is just updated but it was already rejected…
Please email [email protected]obduck.com if none of these three points apply to your case.
You’ve applied and… got rejected? Here’s the secret:
If we didn’t continue your application process, it’s likely because you failed to follow the instructions written in our application web form. It is really important for us that our candidates read, understand, and follow every single detail in the instructions.
We want to hire candidates with special attention to detail and reading comprehension skills. So, before asking us why you got rejected, read again the complete text in the web form and, most likely, you will find out for yourself.
Do you match our core values?
We also want candidates that match our ABCDEs (our core values). If you followed the instructions throughout the hiring process, then you need to contemplate whether you fulfill our core values, which are:
- Attack your day: We are always ready to conquer the day and be productive.
- Be incredible: Simply extraordinary and the best at what we do. We are organized and efficient, never settling for mediocrity.
- Complete the job: We get things done! We knock out tasks even if they are difficult or unsavory.
- Dream big: We are passionate about growth, both in our personal lives and as a company.
- Excuse-free attitude: Excuses are for losers, are selfish, and a waste of time designed to make us feel better. We are accountable for our own mistakes and spend time developing solutions instead of excuses. We take personal responsibility and follow up with others as needed to accomplish our goals. By losing our excuses we find our results.
We sincerely hope “Job Duck’s Top 3 Secrets” help you do well, not only in our hiring process but in every career opportunity you decide to apply. It is always important to read the career description entirely and follow every instruction to realize before applying if you would be a good fit for the position or if you even like what you would be doing.